Tuesday 11 November 2008

This is just to say...

Do you ever feel like William Carlos Williams might just have written a note? Like he didnt expect it to be fully analysed? No, me neither. He was testing everything, and that’s all well and good. However, this is just a note. And I haven’t been in your fridge. Yet...
I feel like I don’t really post here often enough. By which, of course, I mean that I actually don’t post here often enough. In my defence, however, I am chronically busy. I’m trying to sort out what I’m doing next year (English literature or creative writing? Who knows where the throw will land?), working on the dissertation from heaven (or perhaps Wales), editing the Book of Doom, rehearsing for Merchant of Venice and, um, planning a Shakespeare festival. Well, I’m nothing if not ambitious.
So this is all fantastic, but it leaves me very little time for updating. Which, in its turn, makes me feel exceptionally guilty. In response to this, I’m going to send you all away, to look at our sparkly writing website. www.kilvites.co.uk . I might even manage to get a bio up there one day soon...

*grabs her stuff and scurries off to rehearsal*

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Ha...after spending most of Friday staring blankly at that damn 'poem', that really made me laugh!

Kathryn said...

I couldn't cope with chilled plums at this time of year, though...

Sledgehog said...

William Carlos Williams: just really didn't want to get shouted at by the missus...